What are the purchase costs in Austria?
Purchase costs for buying a property in Austria work out at approximately 9.6% of the property price. If you buy a tax-back property, the purchase costs are calculated on the gross property price. You will be required to pay the notary fees after the contract of sale has been signed. Fees are calculated as follows:
- Purchase Tax ‘Stamp Duty’ – 3.5% of the gross price
- Registration in the Land Registry – 1.1% of gross price
- Notary’s fees – between 1.5 and 2% of gross price +VAT
- Local agents fee – 3% of the gross price + VAT
- Court costs, administration fees – approx. 150 euros